Read More
 Community
 Just These Lines
 Leadership
 Service
 United Kids
 Youth

Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full?

3rd Sunday after Pentecost | Wednesday, June 9, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say what a day celebrating our 42 high school graduates on Sunday. Though I was not there in person, I loved watching early on Monday morning the events of the day before. Thank you, graduates, for what you mean to us. You are...
Featured image for “Memorial Day & Protocol Update”
Read More
 Community
 Hope
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines
 Thankful
 Worship

Memorial Day & Protocol Update

2nd Sunday after Pentecost | May 26, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say that we are so excited to welcome you back into our sacred space in the days ahead. You have been so patient, but the time has come for us to move towards fully returning to in-person reaching, teaching, praising and serving! Please be...
Featured image for “The Power of Powerlessness”
Read More
 Community
 Generosity
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines

The Power of Powerlessness

4th Sunday of Easter | April 21, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … that Pastor Paul must have been beyond amazing this past Sunday with his presence and preaching. John Millen, the Vice-Chair of our Trustees wrote, “Pastor Paul looks great!  My wife said he looks younger.” Oh, my! There is no telling where Paul Craig will go with...
Featured image for “A Blessed Ash Wednesday”
Read More
 Community
 Generosity
 Global Impact
 Hope
 Just These Lines
 Thankful
 Worship

A Blessed Ash Wednesday

1st Sunday in Lent | February 17, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say “What a special concluding week to our Global Impact Celebration (GIC)!” We began the week with Kathy Izard and her challenge to “trust the whisper.” You can watch here. We participated in virtual mission trips to Africa & India.  You can view the...
Featured image for “Hammerin’ Hank Aaron”
Read More
 Community
 Gratitude
 Growth
 Hope
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines
 Worship
 Youth

Hammerin’ Hank Aaron

5th Sunday after the Epiphany | Global Impact 2 | February 3, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say what a special weekend. Jenny Savage has been at the heart of church life for Matthews United Methodist (MUMC) for many years. On Saturday, January 30, Jenny was approved as a candidate for ministry in The United Methodist...
Featured image for “A Few Numbers”
Read More
 Community
 Generosity
 Global Impact
 Gratitude
 Hope
 Just These Lines

A Few Numbers

4th Sunday after the Epiphany | Global Impact Sunday 1 | January 27, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say that we celebrated the work of all our Scouting troops this past Sunday. We are grateful for those that participated. If you’d like to know more about the work of these remarkable young persons and their leaders,...
Featured image for “What We Must Do”
Read More
 Choices
 Community
 Global Impact
 Hope
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines
 Leadership
 Prayer
 Support

What We Must Do

2nd Sunday after the Epiphany | January 13, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say that Pastor Paul had a meaningful message for us this past Sunday. If you were unable to watch, be sure to view the service and sermon here. A Pastoral Word: What Must We Do? It has been one week since violence erupted...
Featured image for “Showing Up”
Read More
 Choices
 Committment
 Community
 Gratitude
 Hope
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines
 Prayer

Showing Up

First Sunday after the Epiphany | Baptism of the Lord | January 6, 2021 Just these lines, my friends … … to say that I hope you had the opportunity to worship on the first Sunday of the year (January 3) and listen to Pastor Corey’s fine New Year message. If you missed it, you can watch here. In the...
Featured image for “Ponderings”
Read More
 Community
 Gratitude
 Hope
 Inspirational
 Just These Lines
 Thankful
 Worship

Ponderings

2nd Sunday in Christmas | December 30, 2020 Just these lines, my friends … … to say that we are drawing near to the end of 2020. I wish the strike of the clock could be like breaking a wicked fairy’s spell, and we would all suddenly find ourselves restored to what we have lost this year. That will not...