Facility Ministry Update
Perhaps you have noticed the fresh paint in the hallways and the new flooring on campus. ReFresh and ReNew helps accommodate the thousands of folks who use our facility on a weekly basis. Take a look here at the financial summary from our efforts over the last couple of years. A few highlights from the renovations include:
• New secured access, carpet tiles and paint in the Preschool Wing.
• Added LED lighting in the Gym.
• Painted both stairwells and added floor covering and trim on the steps.
• The 801Kids worship area upstairs was updated for children in grades 2-5. The children praise in a high-energy worship time and then break into age-specific small groups to further explore the topic that was introduced to them during the worship time.
• Restroom renovations have been completed upstairs and downstairs, with family restrooms added by the Sanctuary.
• Four digital bulletin boards were installed in the upstairs hallway and downstairs at the Front Office entrance and Sanctuary Reception Area so that adults, youth and children will be in “the know” of all the ministry opportunities available to them.
• A traffic engineer is engaged to help us plan the traffic flow on our campus so that all of our members and visitors are as safe as possible in our parking areas.
Many other projects have been completed that provide a welcoming atmosphere for our visitors and enhance everyone’s experience while on campus. Please consider supporting these efforts if you have additional funds available over and above your current commitment to the Operating Budget and Global Impact. Giving online is made easy at matthewsumc.me. Thank you!
More About ReFresh & ReNew
Through a series of town hall-style gatherings, surveys, and one-on-one meetings with our congregation about the possibility of a facility expansion, we learned some things that changed our direction in the need to invest in maintaining our current facilities. The congregation pledged over $423,770 and Trustees compiled a set of renovation priorities to continue life-changing ministries through a warm, welcoming environment. Thanks to the generosity of our congregation, much progress has taken place.
Past Updates & Highlights Include:
• Brand new elevator interior
• New oven installed in our main kitchen
• Updates to our walk-in cooler and freezer in the kitchen
• New roofing on the the first floor
• New carpet in the Narthex and Welcome Center
• Carpet in the Administrative and Music Suite Hallways
The Trustees also completed projects with funds from the Capital Reserve and regular maintenance items from the Operating Budget:
• Automated handicapped doors at the entrance to The Commons and into the Sanctuary Narthex area
• Carpet installation in Room 152
• Our entire campus is now completely accessible with wireless internet
• Painting of the Administrative Wing and Music Suite Wing hallways
• Media Suite equipment